The holidays don’t have to be an overwhelming time of to-dos and compromises.
Do it differently this year. Conquer the holidays with the help of products from the bulk aisle. That’s where you’ll find Frontier Co-op’s high-quality herbs, spices and other ingredients from Mother Earth, just waiting to be transformed into festive foods, drinks, activities, gifts and self-care moments.
CINNAMON CHRISTMAS TREE ORNAMENTS
A simple recipe for homemade ornaments made with flour, salt and cinnamon.
Makes: 25-30 ornaments
- 1 cup Frontier Organic Ground Korintje Cinnamon
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sea salt
- 2 cups water
- parchment paper
- 1 straw
- raffia ribbon
- In a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Add water and oil gradually, stirring continuously until liquid is completely absorbed.
- Knead for a few minutes. Cover and place in refrigerator for 1 ½ hours.
- Roll dough flat on parchment paper so that it’s ¼-inch thick. Cut with a cookie cutter or make your own designs with a small knife.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Using straw, place a small hole in the top of each cut-out.
- Place ornaments on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 1 hour.
- Carefully remove baking sheet from oven, turn ornaments over and place back in oven.
- Bake for 1 more hour, or until ornaments are very firm, then remove and set aside to cool.
- Thread with ribbons and hang on tree!
DIY CANDY CANE BATH SALT GIFTS
This easy-to-make gift takes the simplest of ingredients — pink and white salt — and turns them into a decorative bath accessory. What better gift than an invitation to luxuriate in a warm bath? Simply vary the amount of salt used to fit the size and number of jars you use.
Makes: 10 cups
- 5 cups coarse grind Himalayan Pink Salts
- 5 cups coarse grind Sea Salt
- Put alternate layers of approximately the same amounts of pink and white salt into decorative bottles with stoppers. (Vary the amount of salt in each layer according to the size of your bottle — you want to end up with four or more layers.)
- Secure the stopper and add a simple gift tag if you wish.
SEASONAL HOLIDAY SCRUB
Say ‘Happy Holidays’ to your skin with this festive, seasonally scented blend that helps keep you glowing.
Makes: 6 servings
- ½ cup Frontier Co-op Organic Cane Sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons Frontier Co-op Organic Ceylon Cinnamon Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Frontier Co-op Organic Cardamom Seed Powder
- 3 tablespoons melted coconut oil (or your favorite skin care oil)
- Combine all ingredients in a resealable container. Store for up to one week.